Back in November I found the Netflix series Dash & Lilly and really enjoyed it. Over the Christmas season I rewatched it since it was based during Christmas time and absolutely loved it even more than the first time.
So I dived into researching all about it and came across the book series.
Of course, I needed to read all three books.
I started my 2021 book challenge off with the series. I did like the similarities and some differences from the book to the Netflix series in Dash & Lily’s Book of Dares.
Overall I loved continuing their story and reading the characters grow. I absolutely loved every character.
I am keeping my fingers crossed that the rest of the series can be brought to life on screen
While we are talking about on screen here are some of the differences I noticed;
- The note asks for his email address.
- No slam poetry, another book instead.
- Dash asked Lily to leave her a book at the strand with the notebook instead of at the pizzeria.
- Dash takes the notebook and leaves her the Godfather and note with 2 boots pizza flyer.
- Lily goes to 2 boots pizza and reads the note that is a poem when she realizes the pizza place is also a video store.
- Lily looks for the Godfather and finds Godfather part 3 with a note.
- Lily is asked to leave a non Christmas movie with Amanda at front desk.
- She leaves Miracle on 34th street with clues to Macys.
- Langston is already dating Benny
- Dash goes to Macys and has to find wool mittens with reindeers on them, where he then finds a note that leads to the bedding department, where he has to look under the pillow for another note.
- Dash then asked to visit Santa. He waits on line and when he gets to the front he meets the mad elf that tries to stop him from seeing Santa.
- He gets the attention of Santa and then sits on his lap. Santa tells him to rub his belly that has another envelope.
- Dash takes it and runs to a dressing room in the mens section where the envelope says to return the notebook with your best memory of Christmas.
- Dash tells the second Christmas story and returns it to where Lily asks on second floor in a “Lily” stocking.
- Before returning Dash goes and buys her a ticket to a 10am movie for Grandma Got Ran Over by a Reindeer.
- Lily asks Langston and Benny to take her to movies, they say no.
- Benny sees Lily’s outfit and says she needs something, so they go to a dress up trunk in her room and find her aunt’s red boots.
- Lily’s aunt is called Great Aunt Ida
- In school Edgar opened the cage of Lily’s gerbil during show and tell and a girls cat ate it.
- Lily got up at 4am to make Dash cookies.
- Lily’s worst Christmas memory was the gerbil, not the bracelets she made. She got a nickname in school called Shrilly .
- Lily leaves a postcard with the cookies saying to go to Madam Tussauds.
- Dash went to see Collation with Boomer.
- Priya and Boomer don’t know eachother.
- Grandpa has a cat.
- Great Aunt Ida works at Madam Tussauds.
- Lilys dad is the VP of her school and was going for schooling position in Fiji. She made a muppet in FAO Schwartz where she met Boomer.
- Boomer’s real name is John.
- Dash didn’t go to Dyker Heights until Christmas Day. He stayed at his moms house on Christmas morning and opened up the gifts his mom left for him.
- Lily’s parents didn’t come home for Christmas day. They were returning back on New Years Day.
- They would move to Fiji in September.
- Lily met Edgar at the dog park and they walked to Pyrias party but didn’t go in. Pyria’s parents were at the party.